Tuesday, September 7

Vegas and the Cleveland Browns

You know what we don't do enough of on Forest City Fanatics? Talk about gambling odds. It's a problem, we're working on it. In the meantime, how about a few Browns-related lines, courtesy of the one and only Jimmy Shapiro from bodog.com? I'll offer some comments as well, which I think makes this count as "content."

Early Super Bowl Line
AFC Pick
NFC Pick

This is my absolute favorite line I've ever seen in the history of gambling. Why the hell would you bet this? It's actually kind of comical to me - it would have been funny had one conference been favored. I think Vegas uses this line to identify problem gamblers, like if you walk up to the window and put down a few bucks on a conference in the Super Bowl five months ahead of time, then you go on a list and they dispatch a counselor to talk with you. I'm taking the AFC.


Browns team odds

Super Bowl XLV
100/1

2010 AFC Championship
50/1

AFC North
11/1

Playoffs
Yes +500
No -800


Um...no thanks on any of these. I love the Brownies, but I feel like we should be getting 20/1 in the North. These aren't good, plus what's up with that huge disparity between Yes and No?


Jake Delhomme
Total Passing Yards in the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 2500

We threw like 30 passes in the last four games last year. I'm rocking the under here.

Total TD Passes in the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 12.5

You know what, I'm going Over here, using the reverse logic from last time. Hell, Brady and DA tossed 11.

Colt McCoy
Total Starts at QB in the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 0.5

Under.

Jerome Harrison
Total Rushing Yards the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 800

I wonder if they set this before Hardesty went down. I'm going over.

Total TD’s in the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 5.5

Under. Hillis will be the man getting the ball into the end zone for this club.

Mohamed Massaquoi
Total Receiving Yards in the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 650

He had 624 last year and took off like half of our games. Over.

Brian Robiskie
Total Receiving Yards in the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 400

Over. Someone has to catch the ball, right?

Josh Cribbs
Total Receiving Yards in the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 375

Under. Cribbs just isn't a wideout, though he did look a lot better in the preseason than I've seen him before.

Total Rushing Yards the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 250

Over. He almost had 400 last year, and that was without much of an alternative offense to keep opposing defense off-balance.

Total TD’s in the 2010 NFL Regular Season
Over/Under 3.5

Over, though the reason it's so low is probably no one's going to kick to him anymore. Kansas City sure as hell isn't.

Will Eric Mangini be the Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns for Game 1 of the 2011 NFL Regular Season?
Yes +160
No -200

I think he will be. Is this bet refunded if there is no first game of the 2011 season?

No comments: