Thursday, December 13

NFL Picks: Week 15

Last Week
Joe: 7-7-2
Figgs: 5-9-2
Nick: 5-9-2
AFF: 5-9-2 :(
Figgs' $ Picks: 1-1

Season to Date
Joe: 97-103-6
Nick: 88-112-6
Figgs: 88-112-6
Figgs' $ Picks: 18-18-1
Nick's $ Picks: 10-9-1, +3


Thursday Night Football, 8:20
EAGLES (+5) vs Bengals
Figgs: Philly. This team hasn't been playing too bad lately, and they're getting over a FG at home against a shaky Bungle team. Yes, please. ($)
Joe: Eagles; When the stars like Vick and Jackson were playing, it definately looked like the team had quit.  But with the kids like Foles and Brown, they are playing as if their jobs are on the line and are auditioning for next year.  So, I'll take them. It doesn't matter though, because I'm pretty sure I am 0-13 in picking Bengal games this year, so I'm sure I'll be wrong on this one too.
Nick: Eagles

Sunday 1:00 kickoff
BROWNS (+2.5) vs Redskins
Figgs: Browns. I'm with ya, Joe. Next year - playoffs.
Joe: Browns; I don't give a shit who plays QB for them.  We should not be underdogs at home against anyone!  This is  the most optimism I've had for a Browns team in a long time.  I'm thinking playoffs in 2013, no joke.  I think we win our home finale this week, then probably lose close to Denver, and follow that up with the ultimate high of knocking the steelers out of the playoffs in week 17. 
Nick: Browns

BEARS (+3) vs Packers
Figgs: Pack. Chicago just kind of fell apart on me there.
Joe: Pack; I have no idea who is the SB frontrunner in the NFC.  The Pack shows alot of good, mixed with some big time flaws.  I think if they get Matthews and Woodson back healthy though, they can make a serious run at it.  The Bears have completely fallen apart since their 7-1 start.
Nick: Packers

FALCONS (-1) vs Giants
Figgs: NYG. A total toss up with two very talented but very imperfect teams. If they both play to their potential, I give the edge to the Giants.
Joe: Giants; The G-MEN look like they should be the aforementioned SB favorites, but they are so inconsistent and seem to only show up when they feel like it.  The Falcons have been winning games very unimpressively, and last week they got the beatdown that everyone has seen coming all year.  Also, the last time these two met, it was the playoffs last year, with the Giants winning, 24-2.  They should take care of business again this week.
Nick: Giants

SAINTS (-3.5) vs Bucs
Figgs: Saints. NO at home always seems to be a good bet.
Joe: Saints; These two teams are talented and should make playoff runs...next year.  Tampa just misses this year because they are young and on the way up.  NO because of the Bounty nightmare.  In this game, give me Drew Brees at home.
Nick: Bucs

RAMS (-1) vs Vikings
Figgs: Vikes. Peterson is definitely my MVP. Doing this after tearing his ACL less than a year ago is unthinkable. I really like this line, btw. ($)
Joe: Vikings; Elimination game.  I don't think the Vikes will end up getting in, but they are better than the Rams, and Peterson might get 2000 yards and probably should win MVP (at least if I had a vote).  Take him off this team, and they probably go 3-13.  Outside of the always injured Harvin, they have a Jets like offense.  AD has carried them this far, and the Rams nice little run will end this week.
Nick: Vikings

DOLPHINS (-7) vs Jaguars
Figgs: Miami. The chad henne Bowl! I'll take whichever team does not currently have him.
Joe: Jags; I feel like I pick them way too much.  But I just can't justify giving a full TD with pedestrian teams such as Miami. 
Nick: Jags

RAVENS (+3) vs Broncos
Figgs: Donks. Because of everything Joe said.
Joe: Broncos; If I bet games, I would jump all over this one.  Denver is on a collision  course to meet NE in the AFC championship game in another epic Peyton/Brady playoff matchup.  And as I have been saying, the Rats are on a collision course to getting bounced at home in round 1 of the playoffs.  ($) 
Nick: Dons

TEXANS (-9.5) vs Colts
Figgs: Houston. This line seems a point or two too high, but this seems to me like a bounce-back game for the Texans. At home, coming off an embarrassing loss, I could see them coming out and just murdering a decent yet still inferior Colts team.
Joe: Colts; Consider me officially off the Texans bandwagon.  GB put them in their place early in the year, but then they rattled off 6 straight wins, so I was believing in them again.  But Mr. Brady showed us on MNF that Houston is no where near the Pats level.  I figure they'll bounce back enough to win, since the Colts are still alive in the division race and Houston wants to put that to rest this week.  But I'm definately not giving this many points.
Nick: Colts


(4:05 kickoff)
CARDINALS (+6) vs Lions
Figgs: Lions. Really like this line as well, my only worry is that this Lions team seems like one that could just totally give up and pack it in these last few games after what they went through the past few weeks. ($)
Joe: Lions; Another game I would absolutely lay some cash on if I bet games.  Detroit is a "Good" bad team.  Arizona is not.  They STILL haven't won since September, and last week looked like a D-1AA team vs. Alabama in their 58-0 beatdown defeat.  The Lions, on the other hand, have suffered 3 straight crushing defeats against playoff teams, so I figure they'll come out so pissed off and hungry for a win.  ($)
Nick: Lions

CHARGERS (-3) vs Panthers
Figgs: Bolts. My least confident game of the week. I suppose you could never really feel comfortable picking a Norv Turner team, no matter the line.
Joe: Panthers; Too bad Cam can't play against the Falcons every week.  For some reason, they play great against them.  The Bolts are coming off and out of nowhere awesome performance last week (thanks again for that one boys!).  I don't see a Norv Turner team doing that in back to back weeks, though.
Nick: Panthers

BILLS (+5.5) vs Seahawks
Figgs: Hawks. Seattle's defense is good. ($)
Joe: Seahawks; Rolling on all cylinders and still have a shot at not only the playoffs, but winning the division.  Buffalo is decent against bad teams, but is pretty bad against playoff caliber teams.  And, the game is in Toronto, so it's not "technically" a road game for Seattle.
Nick: Seahawks

(4:25 kickoffs)
COWBOYS (+1) vs steelers
Figgs: Boys. Obvy.
Joe:Cowboys; I never feel comfortable picking Dallas in December, and I think if Dez doesn't play, they are screwed.  But I'm picking them for 2 reasons:  pittsburgh just isn't that good (ie getting blown out by the woeful Chargers), and because F*CK pittsburgh!
Nick: Pittsburgh

RAIDERS (-3) vs Chiefs
Figgs: Raiders? Almost tempted to take another loss here, but I would really like to beat Nick.
Joe:Chiefs; My reasoning for this pick is take whoever is the underdog.  Because I refuse to give points with either of these godawful teams.
Nick: Chiefs

Sunday Night Football, 8:20 kickoff
PATRIOTS (-5) vs 49ers
Figgs: Pats. Yeah, they're still really good.
Joe: Patriots; This would be my 3rd money game of the week.  Brady vs Kapernick?  And it's in New England?  And it's less than a TD?  People might be waiting all day for Sunday night because this looks like a SB preview, but trust me, this will be over before halftime.  ($)
Nick: Niners

Monday Night Football, 8:30 kickoff
TITANS (-1) vs Jets
Figgs: Titans. Seriously, MNF? Falcons/Giants, Bears/Packers and Broncos/Ravens all on opposite the Browns game, and I'm forced to watch this shit game in primetime. Good grief.
Joe: Jets; Thanks Monday Night.  You've been almost as bad to us as Thursday night this year. 
Nick: Jets

No comments: