Friday, April 4

My current feelings on Cleveland sports

Nothing against the Cavs, that's just what I'm feeling right now. I was watching the Tribe's night game this Tuesday against the White Socks while the Cavs were on and simply couldn't muster any enthusiasm for the hoops game. Maybe I burned out on conference and NCAA tournaments, or maybe it's just because I really like baseball (and the Tribe is a contender), but basketball has taken a back seat.

At the bar last night, in fact, I found myself watching the Tribe game considerably more than the Cavs game. This is significant because the Indians had already lost earlier that day and I was watching a replay (of a loss, no less). It took my brain some adjustment when switching games to accept that I in fact did not know what was going to happen in the Cavs game just because I knew the Tribe's eventual outcome. Of course, had I actually known how the Wine and Gold would end up, I might have gotten to bed a bit earlier last night.

I think that the above equation might have to be modified once the Cavs begin their playoff run and the stakes are raised, but for now I'm all about the Tribe.

No comments: