Thursday, September 20

NFL Picks: Week 3

Last Week:
Figgs: 5-9-2
Joe: 6-8-2
Nick: 8-6-2

Season to Date:
Figgs: 8-22-2
Joe: 15-15-2
Nick: 15-15-2
Figgs' $ Picks: 1-3
Nick's $ Picks: 1-3, -4 Schrute Bucks


Thursday Night Football, 8:20
PANTHERS (E) vs. Giants
Figgs: NYG. Haven't got a good feel for either team yet this year, could see this going either way. ($)
Joe: Panthers; The kid showed last week he's still got it. No sophomore slump here. Plus, the Giants are without Nicks and Hixon, so I don't see Eli throwing for 500 yds again with less weapons. Cats win at home.
Nick: Panthers. I'm not particularly confident in this pick, but the Giants are pretty beat up and haven't shown well this year. The crowd needs to show up in Charlotte tonight, but I'll roll with the home team in prime time.

Sunday 1:00 kickoff
BROWNS (+3) vs. Buffaloes
Figgs: Browns. Although we are the usual 0-2, I've already been more entertained in these first two weeks than I was all of last year. If we can put Week 1's defense together with Week 2's offense, we may be getting somewhere.
Joe: Browns; We ususally have epic exciting contests with these clowns. Here's to another one. I feel like things were coming together offensively last week for us, and Buffalo isn't playing the Chiefs dreadful defense. We have to get in the win column sometime. Why not this week?
Nick: Browns. Once more into the breach, dear friends.

BEARS (7.5) vs. Rams
Figgs: STL. The Rams have showed me a lot this year, barely losing to Detroit and beating Washington. No reason they can't keep this one close as well.
Joe: Rams; They seem to be a much improved team this year, thanks to the hire of Jeff Fisher. (Just ask the Saints what a good coach can do for you.) This team won't quit, so even if they don't get the upset, I like them to keep it close.
Nick: Rams.

COWBOYS (-7) vs. Bucs
Figgs: TB. Dallas has continued their up and down ways so far this year, while Tampa has been surprisingly decent.
Joe: Bucs; After two weeks of hating, I will finally give the Bucs some credit. They're not bad. And Dallas looks to continue to be the NFC version of the Jets: Jekyll and Hide.
Nick: Bucs.

DOLPHINS (+3) vs. Jets
Figgs: NYJ. I don't care that they burned me last week, I'm still sticking with...haha, the dolphins.
Joe: J-E-T-S; Like I said in week 1, I think the Jets willhave an up and down 8-8 season. This week will be an UP week.
Nick: Jets.

VIKINGS (+7) vs. 49ers
Figgs: SF. A full touchdown is a lot to give up on the road, but SanFran has been in a league of their own so far this year.
Joe: Vikings; Just a gut feeling. San Fran might win by 4 TDs and make me look foolish, but something is telling me that the Vikes keep this to within a FG.
Nick: Niners.

SAINTS (-9) vs. Chieves
Figgs: NO. The Saints have not looked good, but if anything can get them back on track it's KC in the Dome.
Joe: Saints; I have been proven right about the Saints thru 2 weeks. But this week they get a Chiefs team that gave up a combined 75 points so far. And there hasn't been anything wrong with the Saints offense, so they should roll here.
Nick: Saints.

TITANS (+3.5) vs. Lions
Figgs: Lions. After two sub-par performances, I'll give Detroit one more week before I stop believing.
Joe: Titans; They haven't been very good after two weeks, but I think Detroit is overrated and I don't trust taking them on the road giving more than a FG.
Nick: Lions. (-3, $3 Schrute Bucks)

COLTS (-3) vs. Jaguars
Figgs: Indy. No idea here. I guess I'd take Luck over Gabbert and they're at home.
Joe: Colts; Blaine Gabbert on the road? No thanks.
Nick: Jags.

REDSKINS (-3.5) vs. Bengals
Figgs: Cinncy. Not real confident here either. Bengals haven't looked too sharp so far but I think they're a slightly better team than the Skins so even though they're on the road I'll take the points.
Joe: Skins; Home opener for an improved Redskin team against a Bengal team that looks like it might be regressing this year. I'll take RG3, and I'll give the points.
Nick: Bengals.

(4:05 kickoffs)

CARDINALS (+3.5) vs. Eagles
Figgs: Philly. Eagles could easily be 0-2, but their offense shredded the vaunted Baltimore D last week so I'm confident they can do it in the dessert as well. ($)
Joe: Cardinals; Maybe last week was the fluke of the year. But maybe the Cards aren't as bad as people think. Their defense looks legit, and Philly has flirted with disaster two weeks in a row. If they turn it over multiple times again, it will catch up to them this week.
Nick: Cards.

CHARGERS (-3) vs. Falcons
Figgs: SD. I definitely jumped ship too soon on the ATL, but they're traveling across the country with Michael Turner's status uncertain against a good Charger team here. If they burn me again, I may not pick against them the rest of the year.
Joe: ATL; Toughest call of the week for me. Two very solid teams. I like San Diego alot this year, but the Dirty Birds have looked even better so far. I guess if Iam this torn, I might as well go with the coach that I trust more in a closegame.
Nick: Falcons.

(4:25 kickoffs)

BRONCOS (+1.5) vs. Texans
Figgs: Denver. Houston's looked good against DII teams so far, and while I think they are a solid playoff team I don't know if I'm ready to call them Super Bowl contenders yet. A win in Mile High could change my opinion.
Joe:Texans; They haven't been tested yet, but they don't make the schedule. They did what they were supposed to do against bad teams. I think they win a close one on the road here against a tough Bronco team.
Nick: Texans. ($ -2, 3 Schrute Bucks)

RAIDERS (+4.5) vs. steelers
Figgs: pittsburgh. I can't believe I've picked these guys all three weeks. I feel like I need a shower.
Joe: Raiders; I saved this game for last, in order to talk myself into picking against the steelers. Team travelling cross country...maybe. Classic Steelers playing down to inferior competition game... maybe. No rock solid reason to do so, but I would rather lose a game in the standings every week than pick these assh*les.
Nick:Pittsburg professional football team.


Sunday Night Football, 8:20
RAVENS (-3) vs. Patriots
Figgs: NE. Should be a great game, I was prepared to take whoever was getting points.
Joe: Ravens; Another real tough call, but I'll take the Rats, who are out to prove the better team did not win last year in the AFC championship game.
Nick:Ravens. (-2.5, $2 Schrute Bucks)

Monday Night Football, 8:30
SEAHAWKS (+3.5) vs. Packers
Figgs: Pack. Big Quest home field or not, GB is a far superior team. ($)
Joe: Packers; The 12th man will be jacked up for a Monday nighter, but I can't reasonably take a rookie QB over Aaron Rodgers. I wouldn't put money on it, but I'll take the Pack to cover and like my chances.
Nick: Pack.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Nick, you're telling me that I traveled 4000 miles, across six time zones, and still located a place with "NFL Red Zone" that I have to walk more than a mile to, and you can't offer more than simply the pick? AND you picked the steelers and ravens? Boo! Boo that man!

At least you had the sense to take the Brownies...there is still good left in him.