Friday, September 30

NFL Picks: Week 4

Last Week
Figgs: 10-6
Joe: 8-8
Nick: 10-6

Figgs' $ Picks: 1-1
Nick's $ Picks: 3-2


Current Standings
Nick: 26-18-3
Joe: 23-21-3
Figgs: 22-22-3

Figgs' $ Picks: 1-4-1
Nick's $ Picks: 8-3-3


Sunday, 1 pm kickoff

BROWNS (Pk) vs Titans
Figgs: BROWNS! No Kenny Britt, just load the box and slow down Johnson.
Joe: Browns; 3-1 going into the bye week sounds phenominal. Let's go Let's go!
Nick: Browns, although this would be different if Kenny Britt were in there.

COWBOYS (-1.5) vs Lions
Figgs: Cowboys. The Lions are deffinitely better and may have a shot at the postseason, but they're still not as good as Dallas at home.
Joe: Lions; Just call me Davy Jones, cause "I'm a Believer!"
Nick: Lions. Dallas is decent, but the Lions should be favored here. I'll keep riding them until they burn me.

BEARS (-6.5) vs Panthers
Figgs: Bears. Cam Newton can blow me.
Joe: Panthers; On the 7th day, God created mankind. That's because He spent the 1st six days trying to perfect CAM!
Nick: Panthers. Too many points, and the Bears have yet to convince me that they don't suck. ($)

JAGUARS (+7) vs Saints
Figgs: NO. Seeing the Jags the past few weeks makes me even more made I lost $$ that first week when they beat the Titans. How did they do that?
Joe: Saints; Since their near miss in the opener against Green Bay, the Saints seem to be rolling on all cylinders. The defense might be a concern, but a good remedy for that is the anemic Jags offense.
Nick: Saints. It's a lot of points on the road, but the Jags are pretty bad.

BENGALS (+3) vs Bills
Figgs: Bills. I could see them taking a step back this week, but Cinncy is really bad.
Joe: Bills; This could be a textbook trap game for Buffalo, but I'll continue to pick them anyway because I just think Cincy is awful.
Nick: Bills. Buffalo just had an emotional victory over New England, and they're playing the Eagles next week? TRAP. GAME. I still like them though. ($ +2.5)

CHIEVES (+2) vs Vikings
Figgs: Vikes. This is the week they finally keep a lead and get a W.
Joe: Vikings; Best 1st half team in football, worst 2nd half team in football. I don't see the hapless Chiefs mounting a comeback against them though if they get out to another big lead.
Nick: Vikes. Happy to go against KC with a line <3 points. ($ -1.5)

EAGLES (-9) vs 49ers
Figgs: Niners. I feel the same as Joe. Philly should win this game, but this spread is too high for a team underachieving as much as the Eagles are.
Joe: 49ers; I've been overestimating Philly so far (as has Vegas). I wanted to take them here, but until they prove they be worthy of such a high spread, I can't give that many points.
Nick: Niners. Too many points.

RAMS (+2) vs Redskins
Figgs: Rams. The Skins do look much better than I originally gave them credit for, but I think the Rams finally start living up to expectations and get a win here.
Joe: Skins; They seem to be a pretty decent team and St. Louis looks absolutely dreadful.
Nick: Skins. Washington has 8-8 written all over them...St. Louis looks like 3-13. ($)

TEXANS (-3.5) vs Steelers
Figgs: shitsburgh. Still not 100% sold on Houston. If they cover this one I'll buy them.
Joe: Texans; I'd like the Texans even if this spread was between 7 and 10. Pittsburgh might have the worst O-line in football. This week they won't have the inept Kerry Collins to bail them out. Matt Shaub should put up more than enough pts to win comfortably here.
Nick: Steelers. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this too many times to declare these assholes dead yet.


Sunday, 4 pm kickoff

SEAHAWKS (+4.5) vs Falcons
Figgs: ATL. C'mom guys, you're starting to make me look bad.
Joe: Seahawks; Just a gut feeling. ATL looks very shaky so far and I see Seattle at least keeping it close against the stuggling Falcons traveling cross country.
Nick: Falcons. Really wanted to pull the trigger on Seattle here, but this is a must-win for a Falcons team that can still turn things around.

CARDINALS (+1) vs Giants
Figgs: Giants. Shouldn't this up 5 or 6? ($ -1.5)
Joe: G-MEN; I think I really underestimated New York this year. The Cards are pretty bad and I like the Giants to win sort of handily on the road this week.
Nick: Giants. I'll happy to take an NFC East team over an NFC West team, thank you. ($ -1.5)

PACKERS (-12.5) vs Broncos
Figgs: Pack. Looking forward to riding Aaron Rodgers to a Fantasy Football title. (Did he just say "riding Aaron Rodgers?")
Joe: PACK; To quote Ric Flair, "To Be the man, you gotta beat the man!" The Packers are the defending champs and still look to me to be the best team in football. Denver is bad, regardless of who their QB is.
Nick: Packers. Big number, but no faith in Denver.

RAIDERS (+4) vs Patriots
Figgs: Pats. I'd be very surprised if Oakland can put it together two weeks in a row to beat teams that are better than them.
Joe: Raiders; I thought they would beat the Jets last week and they proved me right. I look for more of the same this week against a suspect Pats D. Even if Brady and Co. are hitting their stride, I still like the Raiders to outscore them.
Nick: Pats. I don't see NE losing twice in a row, and I don't think that the Raiders offense can hang with the Brady Bunch.

CHARGERS (-7) vs Dolphins
Figgs: Fins. Exactly what Joe said. SD wins but by less than a TD.
Joe: Fish; Miami keeps losing, but playing everyone close. And the Bolts continue to play down to their competition year after year. With all their talent, just think what they could be capable of if they had a real head coach.
Nick: Fish. Chad Henne has actually impressed me so far (?!), and the Chargers have struggled mightily on defense.


Sunday Night Football

RAVENS (-3.5) vs Jets
Figgs: Ravens. Tough one to call here, should be a real good game. I'll go with Baltimore at home, but wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Jets win.
Joe: Jets; I'm not sure if they pull off the win, but I look for a really tight game, so I won't give more than a field goal either way here.
Nick: Jets. I'm still not convinced that Joe Flacco is ready for prime time, and that extra half point is enormous.


Monday Night Football

BUCS (-10) vs Colts
Figgs: Colts. They'll get a win sooner or later. Probably not here, but they might keep it close.
Joe: Bucs; I think the Colts defensive performance last week was one of the best I've ever seen, yet the lack of QB play still cost them a victory. I think the hangover from that loss will leave them flat this week and Tampa should roll.
Nick: Colts. Ten is a key number and all of Tampa's games have fallen within a 10-point margin.

Figgs Teaser: Packers (-5)/Patriots/Saints
Nick's Teaser: Saints -0.5, Packers -6.5

No comments: