Friday, April 17

ESPN's Friday Night Schedule

I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, but I tend to be interested in the playoffs, especially when the Penguins or Sabres are in it to support the local teams. I feel my overall lack of interest is the fact that I don't have a team to follow. If Cleveland had a hockey team, maybe I would be more into it. But I digress. The point of this post is to question ESPN's decision to get rid of the NHL playoffs a few years back. You might be thinking, "Well, ESPN is a network genius, they must have some quality programming on instead." So, what's going on in the wide world of sports that's so interesting it bumps the playoffs on ice? MLS, Netcar, an NBA playoff preview, and an NFL draft special. Really? I think I'd rather watch ice skating. Is this D.C. United/English Revolution game really going to get better ratings than Penguins/Flyers? Come on, ESPN.

No comments: