Saturday, November 8

NFL Picks: Week 10

If not for the Browns selling us out, we might have all had super weeks last time out. Well, OK, not Figgs. I (this is Andy) love this week's board. I might miss a bunch (this has yet to happen in 2008), but I really enjoyed picking them. The NFL is fun, even when your favorite club is a massive disappointment.

Last Week
Andy: 8-6 (ho-hum)
Figgs: 6-8
Nick: 8-6
Nick's Money Picks: 1-2

Year to Date
Andy: 74-52-4
Figgs: 60-66-4
Nick: 65-61-4
Nick's Money Picks: 11-10

BROWNS (-3) vs Broncos
Andy: I'd take the Browns anyway, but the Broncos have dropped their last 6 against the spread. Right, Nick?
Figgs: Browns.
Nick: Browns. Quinn delivers in first start. The Browns may never lose another game.

FALCONS (-1) vs Saints
Andy: Can the ATL get some respect? Love the Dirty Birds here.
Figgs: Saints.
Nick: Falcons. Ryan's playing well, Turner's running hard, and they're at home. What's not to like?

BEARS (+3) vs Titans
Andy: Titties win over the Grossman-QB'd Bears. Have to.
Figgs: Titans.
Nick: Titans. Rex Grossman is playing QB against an undefeated team and I only have to give 3? Sign me up.

LIONS (+6.5) vs Jaguars
Andy: Tough call. I've been banging the Lions for a few weeks, especially at home. I'd like to have 7, but hell, Cincy beat JAX last week so I'm going with the DET.
Figgs: Lions.
Nick: Jacksonville. If this line were >7, I'd go the other way.

DOLPHINS (-9.5) vs Seahawks
Andy: Fish. One of my other tough calls on the board. I just don't like Seattle on the road.
Figgs: Seahawks.
Nick: Seahawks. Too many points.

VIKINGS (-1) vs Packers
Andy: Vikes, making a big statement game. Seriously, if you're a Viking fan, you know your boys need to strap one on and finally beat the Pack.
Figgs: Vikings.
Nick: Vikings. Green Bay's not for real.

PATRIOTS (-3.5) vs Buffaloes
Andy: Pats, fo shizzle. Damn Vegas and its 3.5's.
Figgs: Bills.
Nick: Patriots, but I could see this going either way.

TEXANS (+1) vs Ravens
Andy: Until I see a reason to pick the Texans (2-6 ATS this year), I'll oppose them. Plus, this weird Raven team wins games, especially against the likes of a Rosenfels/Schaub QB tandem.
Figgs: Ravens.
Nick: Ravens. Baltimore doesn't make enough mistakes to lose this game.

JETS (-9) vs Rams
Andy: Watch me willy-nilly lay 9 points on this. I'm getting a bit cocky here. The Rams should just not even show up.
Figgs: Jets.
Nick: Jets. Changed this one at the last minute because S-Jax is out.

RAIDERS (+9.5) vs Panthers
Andy: I like a semi-pride game out of the Raiders, losing by 7-8 but covering. Do they still have the baseball dirt on their field? I feel like you should never take CAR on a dirt field.
Figgs: Panthers.
Nick: Panthers. They've flown under the radar all year at 6-2.

STEELERS (-4) vs Colts
Andy: I pick nobody, since there is no line. I win! What do we think Roethlisberger is worth, 3? 4? Update: the line is in and I'm taking the Steelers.
Figgs: Colts.
Nick: Pittsburgh. I have no feel for the Colts, and Pittsburgh's pretty consistent.

CHARGERS (-16) vs Chiefs
Andy: No way do I lay 16 on a so-so Charger team, considering the pluck the Chieves have shown of late. Why is this so high?
Figgs: Chiefs.
Nick: Chiefs. Sixteen is too many points this season, regardless of the teams involved.

EAGLES (-3) vs Giants
Andy: Giants. Bill Simmons has it right: take PHI when they play a bad team, take the opponent when it's a tough team.
Figgs: Eagles.
Nick: Giants. When are the defending champs going to get some respect? They should be favored by 3 here.

CARDINALS (-9.5) vs 49ers
Andy: I think this is the Cards' coming-out party. They might win this by 50. Did you know that Kurt Warner's passer rating is 104.2? Wow.
Figgs: Cardinals.
Nick: Cardinals. I've never been more comfortable giving almost double-digit points. Cards by at least 3 scores. O/U on how many times Singletary drops his pants: 1.5.

No comments: