Sunday, October 5

NFL picks: Week 5

Wait, they still have other games in weeks where the Browns don't play? Who could possibly be interested in these contests?

Last Week
Andy: 8-5
Figgs: 7-6
Nick: 7-6
Nick's Money Picks: 0-3

Year to Date
Andy: 34-25-1 (can I retire now?)
Figgs: 28-31-1
Nick: 32-27-1
Nick's Money Picks: 2-4

RAVENS (+1) vs. Titans
Andy: I'm going to keep rocking the Titans until I'm wrong.
Figgs: Fighting Fisher's. I got burned the last two weeks for picking against theTitans. I've learned my lesson.
Nick: Titans. Baltimore won't move the ball.

GIANTS (-7) vs. Seahawks
Andy: I'm surprised the Giants aren't giving more, thus I'm taking them now, since I definitely won't next week.
Figgs: Giants.
Nick: Giants.

EAGLES (-6) vs. Redskins
Andy: Nick made a good point last week about NFC East games typically being close. Redskins.
Figgs: Skins. Philly wins by a few points.
Nick: Eagles. Philly's at home, and I'd feel alot better about this if Westbrook was playing for sure, but I don't trust the Redskins to move the ball consistently on the road.

DOLPHINS (+6.5) vs. Chargers
Andy: Ugly, ugly game to bet. Chargers.
Figgs: Chargers.
Nick: Chargers

LIONS (+3.5) vs. Bears
Andy: Bears, in a brutal all-animal game. The Lion franchise makes the Browns look like a model of stability and success.
Figgs: Chicago. I'm surprised this isn't higher.
Nick: Bears. Chicago should be giving a full touchdown.

PACKERS (-7) vs. Falcons
Andy: I look for the Packers to come back strong at home this week, and for the Falcons to continue being the Falcons. Green Bay.
Figgs: GB bounces back at home.
Nick: Packers. The Falcons are soft outside of the dome.

TEXANS (+3) vs. Colts
Andy: On one hand, the Colts are getting by on past performance these days; on the other hand, this is the sort of big brother-little brother game I don't see Houston winning. Colts.
Figgs: Indy. I'm just waiting for the Cotls to turn it back on, and waiting...
Nick: Texans. Houston wins this game outright in an upset special.

PANTHERS (-9.5) vs. Chiefs
Andy: Lots of points, but I think the Chieves put it all out there last week and won't be too excited about taking the bus to Carolina. Panthers.
Figgs: KC keeps it close.
Nick: Panthers. I just can't pick the Chiefs, who might be the worst team in football.

BRONCOS (-3) vs. Bucs
Andy: ?????????????????Bucs???????????
Figgs: Denver I guess, I have no idea.
Nick: Broncos. I don't like this game, but when in doubt, take Denver at home.

CARDINALS (-1) vs. Bills
Andy: Bills. I have this weird phobia of picking the Cardinals, almost regardless of the line. I also have a phobia of teams that allow six passing touchdowns in a game.
Figgs: Buffalo for sure.
Nick: Bills. I could easily see 'Zona taking this one, but the Bills are the better team.

49ERS (+3) vs. Patriots
Andy: The Patriots are suddenly the hardest team in the league to figure out. I like them here, though.
Figgs: Pats.
Nick: Patriots. Gotta love Belichick coming out of the bye.

COWBOYS (-17) vs. Bengals
Andy: Andy does not give 17 points, even when Ryan Fitzpatrick might be involved. Bengals.
Figgs: I can't believe I'm picking the Bungles.
Nick: Bengals. The Cowboys will win a game that's not as close as the score, but the score will stay within the spread.

JAGUARS (-4) vs. Steelers
Andy: Jags. Steelers are just too beat up right now.
Figgs: Jax. Screw you pittsburgh.
Nick: Jaguars. The Steelers are banged up, and they're a different team away from Heinz Field.

SAINTS (-3) vs. Vikings
Andy: Are the Saints any good? I pick them a lot and they seem to do well, but I don't care to look this up. Saints.
Figgs: Vikings win this game.
Nick: Vikings. I don't love this pick, but Peterson's going to run all over a beat up New Orleans line. Plus, it's indoors.

No comments: